Friday, November 2, 2007

Upline and Downline Cards



Today I wanted to share with you one card from my upline, Kristin D., and another of my downline, Dottie F. Both are very talented stampers. Again, these are swap cards and our theme was Christmas cards using unusual colors. We were trying to get outside the box of using only green and red for Christmas!




Kristin's card uses Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, and Brushed Silver cardstock. The stamp sets that she used are In the Spotlight (Level 2 hostess set), French Flair (background stamp) and So Many Sayings (Level 1 hostess set). When I think about those hostess sets, did you know that you could get BOTH of those just by hostessing a Stampin' Up! show with at least $400 is sales? How easy is that? You get two free stamp sets, plus another $45 in merchandise for free, too. Let me know if you would be interested... Anyway, back to the card, her ink was Purely Pomegranate and then Black embossing powder for the sentiment. She used a cool new circle rhinestone brad for the flower center and the 5 petal flower punch. I love how she used her stylus (or other tool) to make the flowers even more dimensional! Can you see each petal is creased? Thanks so much for this beautiful card, Kristin! You are an inspiration to me.




The other card is from Dottie, one of my downline. She is very talented also. Her card uses the City of David stamp set (love it!). Her cardstock colors are Bayou Blue, Wild Wasabi, River Rock and Whisper White. Her ink choice Wild Wasabi (isn't that a great color name?). I see that she used the ticket corner punch on her sentiment. What an easy way to jazz up your card creations!! I find myself reaching for that ticket corner punch often! Do you have one yet? Thanks so much for the great swap cards, ladies. I really appreciate it.


No comments: