Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I've been busy!!!








I've been having so much fun yesterday and today. If you guessed that I have been stamping, you are right! I wanted to show you some pictures of the things that I have been doing. First, for the Gifts Galore Class tonight, I have made this really cool notepad holder. I started with a manilla envelope measuring 9" x 12". Then I picked out the Petals and Paisleys Designer Series Papers and Turquoise grosgrain ribbon for this project. You can use the inside pocket for coupons (or receipts or whatever you want). The pad of paper is replaceable once you use up the first one. I also made a matching ink pen by inserting scrapbooking paper in the barrel of the pen. I love this project!! The basic idea came from my up-up-upline, Melissa E., in VA Beach, but I modified it for my use. If you are coming to my Gifts Galore Class tonight, you will be making this yourself!!!



Project #2 is a cute ornament. Punch 6 punches out of Designer Series Scrapbooking Paper (I used Cerise, see all designs on pgs 170 to 173) using your Stampin' Up! Scallop Punch. Attach them together with Sticky Strip and a little SNAIL adhesive, leaving one side open. Then cut your string for the hanger and insert in open side of ornament. Use a little Crystal Effects or other strong liquid glue to keep ornament hanger in place. I also had some fun gold beads from a local craft store, so I tied that at the bottom of my hanger, but you could use a bead from the Pretties Kit also. Then attach the last side of your ornament. Let the glue dry before handling a lot. And that is the whole process!!! How easy is that? And so cute and fun. Give it a try today and send me a picture of yours!!










Project #3---I made this "Welcome" Name Frame for the Christmas season. I love how this turned out!! As soon as I saw the great shiny red frame at a local dollar store, I snapped it up knowing that it would be perfect for this project. The background paper is Basic Black and I stamped "Merry Christmas" in White Craft Ink. My letters are Real Red and Glorious Green ink. For the letter "O", I used the Season of Joy stamp set (in the Holiday Mini Catalog----only available through the end of November!!!). The paper behind each letter is also Basic Black, but I ran it through my Xyron machine, then stuck my letter on, then sprinkled the remaining area with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter!! I wish that the picture showed how shiny these really are in person. Here is one more picture, click on it to enlarge it and you can see a little bit more of the shine!








I hope that you have enjoyed looking at my projects as much as I enjoyed making them. I would love to teach YOU more about stamping and creating these projects yourself.



Happy Stamping!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you're really mean!! These projects are great and I'm feeling really bummed that I can't make it to your class!! Argh!!

Stampingly,
Connie Davis