Sunday, September 23, 2007

Christmas cards and comments




Traditional and non-traditional. That's the Christmas cards that I have for you today. The traditional card is one that I designed using the New Level 1 Hostess Set called Oh, So Lovely. I used Earth Elements colors: Garden Green and Ruby Red. I added a little So Saffron ink behind the holly berry image. Then the Direct to paper (DTP) technique was used on the edges of the stamped piece to give the card a little interest. I added some green and red ribbon which I stapled onto the card. The greeting stamp is from the new Holidays and Wishes stamp set. I like the traditional feel of this card.

Card #2 is from a demo swap and was designed by a very creative lady named Melissa S. My card is similar to hers but I ended up using a different color of ink on part of mine. The stamp set used is the same one as the bright card on my last post. It is called Season of Joy. I think this is a very versatile set and would highly recommend it if you are looking for a Christmas set. The card base is Blush Blossom and the additional colors are Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White and Bravo Burgundy. We used basically the same ink colors. We used lots of accessories on this card like: Scallop Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Signo White Gel Pen, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, and White Grosgrain Ribbon.

Lastly, I've had a few people say that they don't know how to comment on the blog. All you have to do is click on the "(#) comments" at the end of each post. Then it will take you to another screen where you can see other comments and add your own. You don't have to have a blogspot account to do it. You just go on as anonymous, but then add your name at the end of your comments and I will know that it's you! I look forward to hearing what you like the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy--

Very nice cards! I, too, am trying to go with some not so common Christmas colors just to add a little spice.

Connie

brochure printing said...

Very beautiful Christmas cards and its colors very shine and meaningful. Very nice cards with all huts.