Thursday, September 20, 2007

Christmas Card Time






I decided that today was the perfect day to start making some Christmas cards. The house was quiet because Bob had taken the girls to soccer practice, so I took advantage of my quiet time.



So here are two of today's creations. The pinecones card is made with the Peaceful Wishes stamp set. This stamp set came out last year, but I didn't get it even though I really liked it. I just couldn't resist it again this year! For the card, I used Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip and Confetti Cream cardstock. Then I used Always Artichoke, Choc Chip and Bravo Burgundy inks. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the words are in Burgundy. I did a little tearing on the top right corner to add some texture to the card. I also used repetition stamping, which is inking the stamp one time and then stamping with it two or three times in a row without reinking. It gives a variety of shades to your card.



The bright card is made with a Holiday Mini Catalog set called Season of Joy. This is just a fun kind of card! I used Really Red, Glorious Green and Whisper White cardstock and markers, plus a Yo-yo Yellow marker. I used the Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the stamp so that I could make words different colors. (I used all Bold Brights markers for this project. You can purchase color families of markers for only $31.95 for 12 markers!) I wanted to highlight the word JOY and then the star just needed to be yellow! Then I stamped the MERRY CHRISTMAS on the green cs and tied some red gingham ribbon. I stamped the circle snowflake stamp on a separate piece of white paper and punched it out with 1 1/4" circle punch. I think this is a fun and festive card.


Keep watching for more Christmas cards coming soon. Don't forget my Christmas Card Buffet coming on Sat, Oct 6th from 1 to 5pm. It will be a great time to come and get started on your Christmas cards.

Happy Stamping, everyone!!!

No comments: