Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Big Shot samples

Well, I am away on vacation but I decided to show you some pictures today. I need to upload my beach pictures and show you where I am, but maybe tomorrow! The pictures for today are made using the new BIG SHOT that Stampin' Up! will start selling Sept 1st. (As a demo, I was able to preorder, so hopefully it will arrive at my house late next week or early the following week so that I can play a little bit!!) Anyway, the Big Shot is a die cutting machine. You can use so many different materials with it---of course, card stock, scrapbooking paper, but also things like fabric (check out the last picture!). In this first picture, the die is used to make the bag topper. Cute!!
And how about these little pillow boxes!! I ordered this die, so I'll probably make about a million little boxes to make my purchase worthwhile!! :0) The flowers on the card below are die cut---they look like foil to me....it is definitely a material on the list.
The "G" here seems to be die cut out of chipboard---also on the list of materials that can be die cut! Pretty card and super easy.

And, lastly, here is the fabric!!! Isn't this an awesome matching set?!? I only wish now that I could sew. :0) Maybe I'll have to learn---I do have a machine, but it has seen rare action.

The last thing for today is leaving you with a list of the approved materials that can be used with the Big Shot dies. Have a blessed day!!! It's a rainy beach day here----aka, a shopping day!! And it is my middle daughter Meredith's birthday today---12 yrs old!!! That will involve eating cake, of course!

~Amy

Cut through the following 50 materials using steel rule dies and your Big Shot machine. Please note the maximum thickness of several materials.
Brass (.055)
Light weight steel
Aluminum (.016)
Tin (.008)
Aircraft plywood (1/64")
Basswood (1/16")
Balsa (3/32")
Paperwood
Mat board (adhesive or none)
Chipboard
Fabric
Silicone
Foam with chipboard (.1)
Corrugated pad
Adhesive-backed cork
Fine sandpaper (.00)
Strene
Extra thick template plastic
Template plastic
Plastic canvas (7 mesh)
Bubble wrap
Sheet foam
Friendly (jewelry) plastic
100% pure beeswax (cut with parchment paper on top & bottom of beeswax)
Adhesive and non-adhesive rubber
Ruffleboard
Static cling vinyl
Warm & natural batting
Fusible fleece
Quilt batting
Adhesive and non-adhesive flexible magnet
Heat n' shrink plastic
Adhesive and non-adhesive felt
Pop-up sponge
Shiny self-adhesive and non-adhesive paper
Iron-on fabric
Poly foam adhesive and non adhesive
3-D illusionary plastic
Glow in the dark adhesive and non adhesive
Suede paper
Funky fur
Personal Embossing Plastic (PEP)
Shaggy plush felt
Canvas
Vinyl flooring
Shelf lining
Placement
Embossing rubber
Thin leather
Gasket material

(Wow! I don't even know what some of this stuff is!!)

No comments: