Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cakes and cards

Well, what a great week I've had! My daughter and I had out last cake class in Wilton Level 1. Here are our final creations. Mine is the one with the black icing. We had some left over from our class the previous week, and I thought that if I added a little sugar to it then I could make it gray. I thought pink and gray would be very pretty. Turns out that I thought wrong!! It will just stay black. Oh well, I think that pink and black looks great too! :0) I want to say a big "Thank You!" to Allisson our teacher. We are looking forward to Wilton Class 2 sometime soon.



What do you think of them? We thought they were yummy!

Now, I have received some BEAUTIFUL cards in the mail in the last couple of weeks, and I wanted to share those with you. First, the winner of my blog candy sent me this beautiful card! She also sent me some bright fun fur to use on my cards! Thank you so much, bluemoon!!! I love all the sparkle on your card. I wish it showed up better in the picture.



The other card was from my friend, Kathryn. I just love her card! She used a Stampin' Up! set called Abundant Joy which just retired in December. I love how she used the premade card that was so decorative and then stamped, and I think colored with pencils. (Is that right, Kathryn?) Anyway, however she did it, she made a beautiful and special card for me. Thank you so much!



Lastly, here is a thank you card that I made. I used the Baroque Motifs stamp set. My color choices were Ruby Red, Old Olive, Cameo Coral, and Confetti White. The accessories that I used were the Scallop Circle Punch, the 5 Petal Punch and one of the Antique Brass jumbo eyelets. I think this card turned out well. I think that the Baroque Motifs stamp set is so versatile. This is definitely a "go to" set when I need an elegant card! Do you have this set yet?




The last fun thing that happened so far this week was that I found out that I won a prize in my Stampin' Up! upline group. I don't know what it is yet, but I should be receiving it in the mail later this week!! I can't wait to see what it is. Anything free is always FUN!! I'll make sure to show you when I get it.

Have a great day! I can't wait to see some of your creations!

No comments: