Thursday, December 13, 2007

Remember the Alamo!






Here are a couple of pictures of the Alamo in San Antonio, TX. We went and watched the IMAX film about the Alamo before going to the actual site. Thanks for recommending that, Logan. It is the best way to do it if you historically challenged like I am!!! It was a beautiful area, right in the middle of the city.





The next day, we were off to the San Antonio Zoo. It was a really nice zoo. We enjoyed lots of unusual animals. Above are pictures of the Grizzly Bear who was really just a performer. He was actually posing for pictures! Then the other picture is of a fossa. Have you ever heard of one of those before? If you have watched the movie Madagascar then you have heard of one. That is the animal that was after the lemurs. The lemurs thought that the animals from NY (ie, the New York Giants!) could protect them from the fossa. These are very strange animals. The face is very cat like, but the body is odd and the tail is very, very long. We also saw a capybara (I think that I spelled that correctly). They are the largest member of the rodent family. I couldn't get a picture because my camera battery died, however just imagine a rat the size of a pig and you're picturing the capybara!!! Yuck! Thankfully, they live in South America so they won't be coming into my home looking for food. :0)

Well, that is my update for now. We are back in Houston now and will probably head out to Galveston tomorrow for the day. I hope you are all having a wonderful day and getting your Christmas gifts purchased and wrapped. Could anyone purchase and wrap mine for me while I am away?!? Blessings to you!

No comments: