Saturday, December 15, 2007

Leaving TX today

Well, it has been a fun trip, but today is the day that we begin our trip home. I say "begin" because the weather people are calling for ice today/tonight between the airport in Charlotte and home. I guess if the roads are icy, we will wait until tomorrow for the final leg of our journey.

One of the main things that I really enjoyed while in TX was seeing my oldest brother, Allen. Here is a picture of us together in the Hilton hotel in front of their beautiful Christmas tree.





Yesterday was our trip to Galveston. I was only disappointed with the fact that we didn't have more time to spend there. We went to the Moody Gardens which was awesome!!! There are 3 pyramids---one is an aquarium, one is a rainforest habitat, and the other a science center. Here's a picture of the outside of the aquarium. We saw so many beautiful things. I really love the macaws. My favorite are the hyacinth macaws (blue ones), but the picture of the scarlet macaws turned out really well.


I have so many more pictures, but I won't bore you all with them now. I have had a wonderful break from the "real" world over these last 10 days. I am looking forward to getting home though. I really need to finish my Christmas shopping and wrapping. Also need to do some baking---yum! And I'm ready to do some stamping, too. Only 10 more days until Jesus' birthday!!! Enjoy each moment and remember to take lots of pictures! I need to get back to scrapbooking this coming year. Want to come over and scrapbook with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! Just wanted to say I love the bits about your trip to Houston! I live 45 minutes from there and have been to the places you've shown on your blog. Sometimes I forget about all the cool places that I live near. Thanks for sharing your excitement and I am SO glad you had a great time! I hope y'all had a safe trip home!
by the way... we stayed at the same hotel recently, and I thought that chandelier was u-g-l-y too! But my daughter made me admit that it was kind of cool.