Friday, December 21, 2007

New stamp set

I finally got to stamp just a little bit with my new Stampin' Up! stamp set called Embrace Life. Here are my creations...

The first card uses Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, and Confetti White. I used markers in Bashful Blue and Mellow Moss to color directly on the rubber stamp. Then I stamped on the paper and added the sentiment. This is my first try at a trifold card. On the right hand flap, I used my slit punch to make a little half circle to hold the card layers down. I punched a hole in the half circle to insert the moss ribbon through and tied it up.



The other card is made with River Rock, Ruby Red, Groovy Guava and Very Vanilla. I did a criss cross card--another first for me! I've been wanting to try these card folds and finally got around to it. Anyway, I used SU!'s beautiful new Ginger Blossom Designer Series Paper for the top layers of this card. (This is a piece of one sheet and since it is double sided paper, I just flipped over one piece and got two different looks!!) I also used the Scallop Punch and punched it twice to make it look like twice as many petals. I layered a ruby red 1 3/8" circle on that, then I stamped my flowers on the very vanilla piece and punched out with the 1 1/4" punch for the top layer of the center decoration.

I made my inside layers of ruby red & very vanilla and just added a little 3/4" circle with a flower stamped on it as a top tab. I also stamped the flowers in the bottom left hand corner of the inside layer.





This stamp set is beautiful and has this great matching Designer Series Paper to go with it!! I just got my order of new Spring/Summer Stampin' Up! Catalogs, so contact me right away to get your copy!

Also, don't forget that the Fall/Winter Stampin' Up! Catalog retiring sets will only be available until the end of December. Contact me by Dec 29th to place your order for those sets. Check HERE to find out about my special on retiring stamp sets.

Well, I'm heading out to a Christmas party now. Have a wonderful day and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! (in case it's after Christmas when I post again!)

No comments: