Saturday, December 22, 2007

Embrace Life

I had a little time to play today (between making Christmas ornaments and cookies with the children!) and so I pulled out my new Embrace Life stamp set. I tried to use lots of different colors to make a wide variety of cards. This is a very versatile stamp set, and it only costs $23.95!!! Definitely one that you will want to add to your collection. Here's what I did....






This card uses Handsome Hunter, Always Artichoke, and Naturals Ivory. I used the hunter and artichoke inks, too. First I stamped the card with the Sanded Background, then I used my Crimper to make the hunter piece rippled. I stamped the same stamp from the Embrace Life set with artichoke first then with hunter to stamp on the ivory cardstock. I used the Color Spritzer Tool with a handsome hunter marker and spritzed on top of this small ivory piece. I love the shadowy effect that it created. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment on the bottom right hand side of the card front.







I love how this one turned out! It doesn't show up as well in the photo as in person, but the flower is inked with Groovy Guava then I used the Ruby Red marker and highlighted some areas of the flower. My cardstock is Groovy Guava, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla and the inks are guava and ruby also. I added a little something by using a single copper brad. (Sorry to say that these were discontinued by Stampin' Up! a while back. That's why you have to make sure to get what you want before it's gone!) I love this card!







Here is one of my favorite color combos for spring: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue with a little Confetti White on top. I used markers to color the flower, then after I stamped it, I stamped the "Embrace Life" words on top. Background is En Francais in Barely Banana with a couple of flowers stamped on top also with Barely Banana. I used DTP with Banana around the edges of the White piece. The final touch is a little bow with blue gingham ribbon.







Embossing is always fun!! Do you know how? If not, give me a call and I can teach you in no time. Color combo here is: Night of Navy, Basic Gray, and Bordering Blue. I embossed on the navy with Silver embossing powder. The background is partially stamped with the Print Pattern stamp using Basic Gray ink. Then I used my Basic Black marker and doodled around the Print Pattern a little bit.







A little purple is always fun. Here I used Perfect Plum and Pale Plum in cardstock, but only Perfect Plum ink. This is a very basic card. I added a little vanilla tafetta ribbon to the top layer to dress up the card a little bit. Oh, looking at it here makes me think that might go and add some glitter to it later. :0)



So, these are today's creations. I am so glad to have had time to play today. It is a very busy time of year---my gifts are still waiting to be wrapped, but now at least some cookies are made. I hope that you are having a wonderful day and wonderful Christmas season!!! Thanks for stopping by.



By the way, please feel free to leave comments whenever you want to. I switched to moderating my comments because I got a really weird comment that was not even in English. I do try to put them through as soon as I get notification though. Also, get into practice with leaving comments because I plan to have a little PRIZE coming right after Christmas!!! Watch for details....

No comments: