Sunday, April 27, 2008

Crayon Resist Starfish


This card is done using the Crayon Resist Technique. This is an easy technique, but you must start with Glossy White card stock. Then you use a permanent ink, like Black Stazon for this card. Let it dry for a few minutes so that it does not smudge (I've learned that the hard way....benefit from my mistakes!). Then use your white crayon (or another color, if you would like to play around more with the technique) and color in some areas that you would like to remain white. Next you can use a brayer, if you would like one color all over your glossy card stock, or you can use q-tips or sponge daubers like I did for this card so that I had a variety of colors on the image. (I used Cameo Coral, Mellow Moss, Creamy Caramel and Bashful Blue for my starfish image. I think that you can see the picture a little larger if you click directly on it.) Once you have fully colored your art, then take a tissue and gently rub around it and any ink that has stuck to the spots where you colored with crayon will come right off, leaving the white card stock showing through. And this is CRAYON RESIST. :0) Fun!! Now, you go and give this technique a try and send me some pictures of your artwork!! (If you give me permission, I will even put the pictures on my blog and give you credit.)


The other picture shows the other fun thing that I did with this card. I used my small oval punch on the top layer of the card. Then I stamped my "for you" words through the hole, so that they are on the inside of the card. Then I used a piece of the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware from the Occasions Mini catalog around the oval opening!!! Just the right size and shape...almost like Stampin' Up! designed it that way!! What do you think?!?


By the way, the Occasions Mini Catalog sales period has been extended until the end of June!! You can an extra month to get all the things that you have been wanting from it. Whoo-Hoo!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

So you did that for me! :-) Thanks a bunch. That card is beautiful and so summery...yay!