Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring flowers, cards and frames

Spring is on it's way!!! I love seeing all the beautiful flowers coming up all around the yard. Here is a picture of one of our many varieties of daffodils. Isn't it beautiful? I just wanted to share a flower with you on Easter. By the way, HAPPY EASTER!! I pray that you are celebrating the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ today.



That brings me to the card that I have to share today. It is an Easter card. I used the background stamp called French Flair. My colors are Perfect Plum and Sage Shadow. I used markers to color directly on the stamp, so that I could make the swirls sage and the birds plum. :o) Then I stamped the "Easter Wishes" stamp from the All Holidays set with plum on sage and punched it out with the Designer Label Punch. I made this same card as a birthday card by just changing the words that I used. It really turned out great and is very quick and easy!! This is a great background set which coordinates with the Carte Postale stamp set. Have you gotten these yet?

And last for today is this frame that I made yesterday. I found these great frames at Kroger for only $5!! It is a shadowbox frame that came with words on the glass and mat that said "family", "love" or "friends" in black. And I immediately thought how great these would be with Stampin' Up!'s (R) new RUB-ONS!!! What fun these are---and super easy to do. This frame took me only about 30 minutes to create. I used the Cherished Memories rub-ons for it. I placed the swirls directly on the glass, but I did the word "cherish" on the white mat inside, giving this frame more depth. I then used some of the flowers, pearls and rhinestone brads from the Pretties Kit. To color the flowers I used sponge daubers and different colors of ink. Just make sure that you kind of rub the ink on the flowers not just mash it straight down. Trust me---by mashing it you just get colored circles!!! :o) To attach the pearls, I used Mini Glue Dots. To put the flowers on the mat, I used Stampin' Dimensionals. I apologize that the picture quality is not the best on this shot. I really had trouble with trying to get a good picture without the glare of the flash.
Well, I am off to spend some time with my FAMILY now. Have a wonderful day!! Keep on stamping and I look forward to seeing you at one of my events soon. :o)

No comments: