Thursday, March 20, 2008

An oldie, but a goodie



Here is a card that I made a couple of years ago, but I still just LOVE it!! I used the Summer by the Sea stamp set. It is not actually in the catalog, but it is on the "dormant" list, which means that it is still available although not pictured in the catalog. (It costs $30.95. HERE is a link that I hope works for you to see all the other sets that are available on the dormant list.) It is one of my all time favorite sets. Print Pattern is also used for the cool background effect.

For the Print Pattern, I used markers in Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery and just colored around the edges of each little diamond---time consuming, but worth it for the effect!! The main image is just stamped in basic brown, then colored in with blender pens and the same pink and celery inks. I used a buckle from the hodgepodge hardware and pink grosgrain, pink gingham and white grosgrain ribbons. A mini glue dot holds the ribbons in place. The card base is Certainly Celery and the layering on top is done with Pretty in Pink and Naturals White.

I think that I am ready for the warm weather and the beach, how about you? By the way, Happy Spring!!! I just realized that TODAY is the first day of spring. Make it a wonderful day!

No comments: