Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Year after year

The featured retiring stamp set for today is Year After Year. This is a great set that covers all sorts of holidays and events. Very versatile!! Just add some words and you have tons of beautiful cards.

I used Stampin' Up!'s cute little note cards on page 167. They measure 5"x3 1/2", come with envelopes in sets of 20 and cost only $5.95! You should try some today. Here come the cards...


For this cute little card, I used the Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper (DSP, for short). I stamped the pumpkins on the paper then cut them out and applied them with Mini Glue Dots (on sides) and Stampin' Dimensionals (on middle pumpkin). I also used the All Holidays set for the sentiment. That set is not retiring yet, so you have a little more time to purchase it. :0)

This is a super easy Christmas card, but if you're making 100 cards, you need super easy, right? I used Ruby Red and Garden Green inks and just stamped across. Nothing spectacular here! The sentiment for this one comes from the All Holidays set as well.

Next card---I used Pixie Pink and Green Galore in ink and CS. I also used the It's Your Birthday stamp set, which will be retiring so get it while you still can!! The ribbon is white 5/8" grosgrain and a little piece of Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware tied on. Remember the Hodgepodge is on sale for 25%, but only while supplies last. (So what I'm saying is order it right away!)

This baby card uses the stamp set called Trimtastic as well as the Year After Year set that is featured in all of today's cards. Trimtastic looks like different kinds of lace. If you like lace, you would enjoy using this set to compliment your cards. I used all four of the stamps in the Trimtastic set. My ink colors are Pretty in pink, Barely banana, Certainly celery, and Bashful blue. For that cute little elephant, I stamped on some of the Berry Bliss DSP and cut him out. Lots of the DSP (Designer Series Paper) will be discontinuing so check out which ones you want before they are gone, too.

And today's last card uses Shimmery White cardstock---so sparkly in person!! I used a blender pen and ink to lightly color the cake first (using Going gray, Bashful blue, and Pretty in pink), then I added even more glitter to the cake with a 2 way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter!! The other CS I used is Basic black and Bashful blue. The words are from Hugs and Wishes, which is not retiring yet.

I apologize if I made any typing errors, but I'm trying to type fast between thunderstorms!! Have a great day!! I'll see you again soon.

~Amy

No comments: