Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Flowers!

I have been doing lots of cards recently with flowers. I think that I might be ready for spring. Our winter has not been too cold, but I am ready for sun and warmth! Before I show you some of my flowery cards, I wanted to tell you about a Stampin' Up! (R) special going on right now: It is the Wild Wasabi Card Stock Special Offer---get 16 sheets of precut and prescored (folded) Wild Wasabi textured card stock (4 1/2" x 11"--scored at 5 5/8" and 1 1/8") for only $3.95!!! The cards you make would fit in a regular size medium envelope. This paper would be great for all of your spring card making needs--and you can't beat that it is already cut and scored for you!! Use this LINK to check out some card ideas using this card stock. Let me know if you would like to take advantage of this special. I have an order going in on February 26th in case you want to order this right away!!


I used my brand new prize stamp set (see THIS post) called Ginormous Flowers for this thank you card. (I made two to send to the wonderful ladies who were holding the contest that I won the stamp set through!) The colors are rose red, regal rose, always artichoke. I used Stem Sayings for the flower stem. Then I inked the flower stamp with Regal Rose. After that I took my Rose Red marker and drew on the inside of each petal to give the petals a little design, then stamped. I used a Glue Dot (not the mini kind!) for the flower center. Once I applied the glue dot the card, then I dipped it into a mixture of Microbeads and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Finally, I used my Oval Punches to make my "Thank You" tag and added a Brad just because it was cute!

Ginormous Flowers again!! I used lots of Bold Brights colors for this card. Easy card, just stamp randomly around with different flowers in different colors. I then used the Scallop Punch and both Circle Punches to make the layered tag which I attached to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Do you have any Dimensionals? They are a great and inexpensive way to add some layering to your cards. And they are light weight and won't make your card heavy if you are mailing it! Cute and super quick card!!


This card was made with the same stamp set as above, plus the 5 Petal Punch, Versamark and I used the Stampin' Pastels (aka, chalks!). For the background, I used a cotton ball and picked up some chalk and rubbed it in a circular motion on the card. I started with the yellow in the center, then orange for the next ring, and finally red around the edges. For the words, I used the Sale-a-Bration set called Lots of Thoughts (this link will show you the whole SAB brochure---have you ordered $50 worth of SU! stuff so that you can get one of these great sets or rub-ons for FREE?). For that cute little middle flower, I inked my stamp with Versamark, then I used a Q-tip to dab pastels directly on the Versamarked stamp. Then huff on the stamp (that means breathe on it to remoisten) and stamp. I cut out the stamped flower and layered with punched flowers and attached with a Gold Brad. Do you like it?s


For this card, I used the 5 Petal Punch again, plus some buttons and embossing. Can anyone guess what paper I used to punch those cute little flowers? I'll be waiting to hear your guesses.



Also, I saw your comment, Kathryn, and will try to do a brayer card soon! I just need a few minutes to play. :o) Have a wonderful day, everyone!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Those are beautiful! I especially like cards 2 and 3.

I'm ready for Spring/Summer, too!