Saturday, February 2, 2008

Being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

I have had a couple of people ask me for some more details about what is involved in becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, so I wanted to give you some details here.

First, let me just say that there is no time like the present to become a part of Stampin' Up! I already told you that between Feb 1st and March 17th, if you sign up, you get to choose one any price stamp set from the entire Stampin' Up! catalog for FREE!!! Guess what SU! announced yesterday? If you sign up during those same dates, you can now also get your Starter Kit for 20% off---making it only $159!!! This is such a great deal---I only wish they had had this deal when I signed up.

To get started you now know that you have to purchase a STARTER KIT, normally $199, plus tax, now only $159, plus tax. If you click on the capitalized words "starter kit" in color above, you will see a flyer that tells you everything that you receive in your kit. SU! has chosen 5 stamp sets for the kit of various prices, but you can change any of those out for sets of the same or lower prices---thereby customizing your kit. The same goes for the 6 ink pads---you can customize. The cardstock color family packs---choose what you want for those too. Make sure to check out the flyer to see all the other stuff that you receive. Not including the extra any price set that you can choose, the kit is valued at over $330----for only $159!! There is also a Stampin' Memories Add-On Kit which is optional and costs an extra $50, plus tax. This is a great kit if you are interested in scrapbooking at all. Details about it are on the same flyer.

The next question that most people have is, "What do I have to do to maintain my demo status?" With SU! the quarterly minimum is only $300 in sales. You do receive 20% of your sales as commission, including anything that you order for yourself. So when you order for yourself, it's like you get a 20% discount. (An added bonus is that on your first order placed within 45 days of signing up, you get 30% off!!!) If you sign up, you have until the end of your first FULL quarter to meet your quarterly sales requirement. That means that if you sign up in February or March, you have until the end of June to sell your $300.

I will tell you that there are lots of benefits to selling more than your minimums though. There is a program called Stampin' Start that is a little too detailed to go into now. It is based on your sales and/or recruiting in your first 6 months, and you can earn up to 9 free any price stamp sets of your choice from the catalog! Great incentive to get out there and do some shows. There are often surprises (which I cannot guarantee in the future) from Stampin' Up!, like free stamp sets that arrive in the mail or an added discount on a preorder. Oh, preordering is great, too. As a demo, you get to preorder items from the mini catalogs and even some selected choices from the new big catalogs a month before those catalogs are out to everyone else!! This is a great way to get some of the new stuff and make some samples before those sets are available to the public.

Another benefit that is also very detailed and too much to go into here is the ability to earn volume rebates (extra money) for your sales. Starting at only $400 a month in sales, you can earn an extra percentage of your sales. If you have recruits to sign up under you, then you can earn bonuses and a percentage based on the amount of their sales.

Wow!! The benefits and earning potential is mind boggling. What you earn is basically based on how much time and energy that you want to put into your business or that you are able to put into your business. I like the ability to cut back a little if life is really busy and to step it up a notch or two if I am trying to earn an incentive.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact me personally and we can talk one on one or through e-mail. Thanks!

Here are some fun things that I have done lately. I made two notebook and candle sets for the ladies who spoke at our homeschool meeting the other night. (I just have pictures of the notebooks for you tonight, but the candles coordinate with these.) For one set I used the new hostess set called Infinite Goodness. My color scheme was More Mustard, Summer Sun, Ruby Red and Not Quite Navy. I used Stampin' Up!'s rhinestone brads to add some sparkle to it. The Bible verse is from an older set, but I can't remember the name right now. The other set was made with the retired set called Abundant Joy. I still can't believe that set was only available for 6 months. (Mental note---if you see a set that you love, make sure to purchase it while it is still available.) My colors were Ballet Blue and Always Artichoke, then I used Antique Brass hodgepodge, plus some old and new Stampin' Up! ribbon.







For this fun springy card, I used the Garden Whimsy stamp set. My colors are Passion Pink, Pixie Pink, and Glorious Green. I made a glitter window using packaging tape. Fun and easy technique! I also used the ticket corner punch, circle punch, and glitter to make my decorative corners.

I hope that you like my creations today. I'm working on things for upcoming classes and camps currently, so I'll show you those soon.

No comments: